Article 1 (General)
Article 2 (Personal Information)
Article 3 (Collection of Personal Information)
- If Applicants, Participants, and Members enter the Personal Information in the form provided by us, we assume the consent of the Applicants, Participants, and Members have been obtained with respect to the collection and the maintenance of the Personal Information
- If we collect the Personal Information, in principle we shall notify or publish in advance the purpose of such usage.
- Applicants, Participants, and Members will agree that we will collect, store, and use the Personal Information for the speech and debate tournaments and other events (referred to as “Events” hereinafter) held by us, as well as for the purposes of Article 5.
We may collect the information pertaining to the privacy of Applicants, Participants, and Members through cookies and IP address (hereinafter referred to as “cookies, etc.”).
Article 5 (Purpose of the use of Personal Information)
We shall use the Personal Information collected from the Applicants, Participants, and Members for the following purposes;
- (1) For the purposes of the answers and/or replies to the inquiries and/or the consultations from the Applicants, Participants, and Members.
- (2) For the purposes of the registration and/or registration examination for our membership.
- (3) For the purposes of the registration and/or registration examination for the participation to our Events.
- (4) For the purposes of sending the estimates, invoices, materials and/or the documents relating to the Events to the Applicants, Participants and Members.
- (5) For the purposes of exercising the rights and/or fulfilling the obligations for the Applicants, Participants, and Members.
- (6) For the purposes of asking for the opinions and/or the feedback about our services.
- (7) For the purposes of making the use for the maintenance and improvement for our services and/or the development of new services.
- (8) For the purposes of investigation of the facts and/or warning, etc. to the Applicants, Participants, and Members who have violated the membership rules and/or have done similar acts.
- (9) For the purposes of posting the results of the Applicants and Members from the Events (including the past obtained NFL points) as public information on the PR media such as our homepage (including third-party media).
- (10) For the purposes of our affiliated travel agencies and/or transportation companies providing their services relating to travel and transportation to the Applicants, Participants, and Members to attend the Events.
- (11) For the purposes of maintaining the information of the people who book and/or attend the various seminars organized by us.
- (12) For the purposes of making the announcement of our various services through surveys, and direct mail delivery, etc.
- (13) For the purposes of managing the post-maintenance of membership disqualification.
- (14) For the purposes of mailing the wards obtained from the Events.
- (15) For the purposes of the internal management such as understanding and analyzing our business result, and accounting and auditing operations, etc.
- (16) For the purposes of distribution of education-related and university admissions-related contents and advertisement to the Applicants, Participants, and Members, by us and/or our affiliated business partners.
- (17) For the purposes of making the use of photos and movies as the promotion activity for our Events.
- (18) Others which are required for the management and the responses in order to carry out our businesses.
Article 6 (Third party distribution of the Personal Information)
We do not disclose or provide the Personal Information which we collect to the third party. Provided, however, that, this shall not apply in the case where the following items fall true.
- (1) If we have consents from Applicants, Participants, and/or Members.
- (2) If we disclose through the PR media in accordance with Article 5 (9).
- (3) If we provide to Institution for a Global Society, our affiliated business partner, in accordance with Article 5 (16).
- (4) If we disclose or open to the public the photos and movies taken at our Events.
- (5) If we provide to the cooperative companies in order for us to conduct the Events and other activities.
- (6) If we were requested by the court, the public prosecutor’s office, the police department and/or regulatory agencies, etc., to disclose or provide the legitimate and proper Personal Information under the legal requirement.
- (7) Other legal requirements
Article 7 (Security)
- We will strictly keep, and make efforts not to lose, destruct, falsify or leak the Personal Information in accordance with the personal information protection law.
- In the event that we outsource the handling of Personal Information, we will choose the reliable subcontractor, and will try to protect the Personal Information by signing the non-disclosure agreement with such a subcontractor.
Article 8 (Maintenance of the up-to-date and accurate Personal Information)
We will make efforts to keep the Personal Information of Applicants, Participants, and/or Members accurately and up-to-date.
Article 9 (Inquiries by Applicants, Participants, Members)
We will respond, after the identity verification, appropriately and without delay, to the Applicants, Participants, and/or Members, if they request the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, and/or suspension of the use of their Personal Information.
Article 10 (Change of purpose of the use)
Article 11 (Handling of statistical data)
We may create statistical data, based on the received Personal Information, which does not identify the specific individuals. For this statistical data which does not identify the individuals, it shall be deemed that we can use without restriction.
Article 12 (Mail services)
We may send the advertisement or promotion to Applicants, Participants, and/or Members via email, phone call or any other method, based on their Personal Information. We shall stop the service upon the request from Applicants, Participants, and/or Members.
Article 13 (Disclaimer)
- We shall not be responsible if the following items fall true, even if the third parties would obtain the Personal Information of Applicants, Participants, and/or Members.
- (1) If Applicants, Participants, and/or Members disclose the Personal Information to the third parties.
- (2) If Applicants, Participants, and/or Members acknowledge that the third parties acquire the Personal Information.
- We shall not have any responsibility for the protection of the personal information on the websites which are linked to our homepage.
Article 14 (Administration)
National Forensic League Japan
Masahiro Fukuhara, NFLJ Executive Director
Location: 2F Maruei Keiunkan, 1-9-7 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
TEL：03-6455-0301 (Mon-Fri, 10:00~19:00)